Massage is especially effective in calming the mind, renewing the spirit, easing physical pain, and supporting physical, emotional, and mental well-being. It helps to balance and awaken the body. Simply said, massage moves energy. It flushes stagnant energy and calms excess energy. I have been working with such wonderful people over the past five years here at Natural Healing Acupuncture, developing long term, steady client relationships and being truly blessed to be an intimate part of this healing team. I love my work! I am so lucky to be “living” my work.
As we embark on a new year I encourage you to join me in setting the intention to embrace each day, explore it’s beauty and the new beginnings it promises, and discern the whispers of the cycle of life. Whether you are a busy professional, parent, mother-to-be, have health challenges, cancer or chronic disease, or are recovering from injury or illness, you will benefit from the physical, emotional, and mental well being that therapeutic massage provides. During your massage sessions, I encourage you to be open and receptive to life in all its forms, particularly be aware of the esoteric wisdom of your own inner truth. Exploring your vulnerabilities through therapeutic body work leads to discovering deeper truths and increasing your awareness within and without.
It is always beneficial to carefully individualize therapy to your specific needs and constitution. The main techniques I employ are:
- Shiatsu, which is a form of acupressure that has its foundation in traditional Chinese medicine, follows the network of channels that govern and balance the flow of energy, or chi, throughout your body.
- CranioSacral techniques are drawn from the traditions of osteopathy, energy work and Taoism, and focus on matters of the heart and soul. This work combines gentle, sensitive touch with meditative use of the inner eye and inner ear.
- Deep Tissue work addresses muscular tension and structural issues.
- Myofascial techniques engage connective tissue and remediate scar tissue.
- Swedish adds a soothing, relaxing touch and addresses the lymphatic system.
It is tremendously beneficial to carefully individualize each session to enhance the massage experience. Together, these forms of bodywork heighten the body’s natural healing ability, help psychosomatic troubles caused by stress, and address physical injuries and internal organ imbalances.
“Touching is a very old way of healing. Touch as a mother would touch a child, because what a mother is saying through her touch is ‘live’.”
Something in touching strengthens the will to live in us. Healing is evoking the will to live in another person. It comes about not by doing something but by letting another person know that their pain and their suffering and their fear matter. They really matter.” Bodywork eases stiffness, aches, pains and discomforts. It provides a personal time and space just for YOU to relax and rejuvenate your body, mind and spirit.
Call today to schedule your next massage! And as always, thank you for referring me to your friends and family.