Many people who want to lose weight put themselves on diets yet we know that most fail. Why is it so difficult to lose weight?
Weight loss resistance happens for a variety of reasons, including:
• Cravings due to low brain chemicals (serotonin and/or dopamine)
• Depressed metabolism due to low fat free mass from chronic dieting
• Insulin resistance
• High cortisol Levels due to chronic stress
• History of failure with weight loss
• Allergies and gut dysbiosis
• Certain medications, toxic chemicals cause weight gain or make it difficult to lose weight
• Chronic sleep deprivation
It is critical to measure the success in your program by more than just the pounds you have lost. Changing your lifestyle by incorporating positive habits and reducing & eliminating factors that are contributing to your weight loss resistance takes time, effort and focus.
Of course, the sooner you can identify which factors are contributing to your problems and fix them, the sooner you can overcome weight loss resistance.
At Natural Healing & Acupuncture patients receive an individualized plan based on their needs. The goal is to incorporate permanent healthy lifestyle changes:
• Comprehensive evaluation, including diet evaluation
• Testing as needed based on medical necessity
• Nutrition plan developed
• Exercise recommendations
• Lifestyle counseling
• Herbs and nutritional supplements
• Weekly acupuncture sessions and review of food diary