Taking many supplements in the form of pills can be a daunting task especially if one has nausea from chemotherapy, a digestive disorder or even a pregnancy. A great way to get added nutrients is by making medicinal smoothies. My kids don’t know it but when I make smoothies for them I always add in extra nutrients. They love the taste.
There are many ways to start making smoothies but the way to begin is to start with a protein powder either vegetarian or undenatured whey. Paleomeal is a great choice ( make paleomeal a hot link to the products page) Another option that I like to use as a detox or veggie source of protein is Clearvite ( make it also a hot link) Protein is important for people undergoing chemotherapy. Drinking it is most favorable especially when there is aversion to food.
- Add almond , coconut milk or coconut water
- Add berries or other fruit
- Can add nut butters, tahini or avocado for extra calories
- Can even add veggie juice as the base or add veggies such as kale and/or chard.
Additional add-ons are:
- green powders
- anti-inflammatory blends containing turmeric, ECGC, for example
- fiber in the form of chia seeds
- fish oils or flax seed oil
- custom herbal powders individually written
- maca powder
- goji berries
- adaptogenic herbs like ashwagandha, holy basil, siberian ginseng
For more information please visit our blog article: Shake It Up!